[User], Enjoy your visit! | Logout
Emergency Preparedness Committee
WE'RE READY, ARE YOU?
The Emergency Preparedness Team at Chaparral has undertaken the task of preparing a strategy in case of a major disaster such as a large earthquake. The Team meets once a month and is made up of volunteers from our community who are working on plans for education and preparedness of our residents and guests if a major emergency situation should arise.
The Team has a procedure in place to communicate with the City of Palm Desert and has established a regional evacuation area within our community to ensure the welfare of our residents in the event of a disaster.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE CHAIRS
Chairperson Co-Chair First Aid Team Leader
Betsy Patterson Peggy Molloy Suzanne Wilbur
191 Camino Arroyo South 25 Camino Arroyo South 95 Camino Arroyo Place
(818) 681-5004 (cell) (323) 333-0766 (cell) (310) 809-1563 (cell)
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (760) 773-2108 (home)
THE BASICS FOR YOUR EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT
- Water - 1 gallon per person per day for at least 5 days, including pets.
- Food - At least a 5 day supply of non-perishable food and manual can opener for cans. Remember your pet's food and prescriptions.
- Flashlights with extra batteries, battery or hand cranked radio.
- Sturdy shoes under your bed; closed toed for protection from glass and debris.
- First Aid Kit.
- A whistle to signal for help.
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air.
- A plastic tarp and duct tape to help secure tarp.
- Emergency contact (out of state) to let family know you are OK.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities, if necessary.
- Sanitizing soap or disinfectant towelettes.
- Bags for waste and personal sanitation.
- Sleeping bag or blankets.
- Prescription medication (14 day supply), eyeglasses and medical information.
- Important documents in a waterproof bag.
- Cash and/or traveler checks: loss of power means no ATM or credit cards (minimum of $100 in small bills).
- Matches in a waterproof container.
- Change of clothing with long sleeves and long pants, jacket.
- Make sure to keep your car fueled with at least 1/2 tank of gas.